Sales, Pricing and Marketing Skills Training
This online sales, pricing and marketing skills course has been designed to assist in acquiring the fundamental knowledge needed to create a successful pricing and marketing strategy.
Marketing and pricing are key elements in the identity of your business. The way you choose to market your brand and the prices you set tell customers a lot about your company and the products/services which you supply.
If you get these elements of your business right you'll be able to improve customer loyalty, profits, market share as well as the strength of your brand which brings with it a whole host of benefits for expanding your business and recruiting the most talented employees.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Training Course?
This course is suitable for anyone working in business who wishes to improve their skills in marketing, sales and pricing. The course is particularly relevant for those who are self-employed who wish to learn the basics of sales, pricing and marketing.
By choosing this online training course you can complete learning in your own time and outside of your working hours, leaving you more time to focus on developing your pricing and marketing strategies.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction - This is a brief overview of the basics of planning, channelling your business vision, writing your mission statement, pricing, key concepts in pricing, and the importance of a marketing plan.
- Pricing Strategies - This module highlights the pricing strategies that are most popular, weighing up the benefits of each. It also covers pricing techniques like loss leaders, discounting, skimming, odd pricing, cost-plus pricing and value-based pricing.
- Market Research - This module focusses on effective market research and how to segment the market into a workable target market. It demonstrates how to complete market research through field and desk research and how to segment the market through demographics, geographics, psychographics, behaviours and the 4Cs model.
- Marketing Skills -This module provides you with the knowledge required to advertise, promote, and publicise your business through direct marketing as well as how to test your marketing. It also covers email marketing regulations and the Data Protection Act.
- Digital Marketing - This module outlines key digital marketing concepts such as backlinks, calls to action, adding value as well as demonstrating how to market your business on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr and other social media.
Aims of the course
By the end of this course learners will understand:
- How to write a mission statement.
- How to develop an effective pricing strategy.
- How to segment the market.
- How to measure the effectiveness of marketing.
- How to use SWOT analysis to strengthen business strategy.
- How to market their business online and offline.
- Their obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- What great social media marketing looks like.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Social Media Marketing course provides information on how companies can establish, or improve, their presence on social media. It outlines how to create a social media marketing strategy, the benefits of using social media platforms for marketing, and how you should interact with companies and customers on social media.
Learn More »
This course explains how to start a business and how to write a business plan for people who are considering, or who are in the early stages of, starting up their own business.
Learn More »