New - Our Safeguarding INSET Pack is available now. Download for free.

Looking for a Food Hygiene Certificate?

Online Level 1, 2 and 3 Food Hygiene Training from High Speed Training

Course Accreditations

EHO Approved

EHO Approved courses
Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety
£20 +VAT

This course, often referred to as the basic food hygiene certificate, is for anyone who works in a setting where food is cooked, prepared or handled.

All food handlers can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this course.

Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
£130 +VAT

This course, often referred to as the intermediate food hygiene certificate, is for supervisors and managers.

This is also for those who are responsible for developing and controlling food safety management systems.

Level 1 Food Safety Awareness
£18 +VAT

This introductory course gives an awareness of the hazards of handling low risk food.

In order to meet the legal requirements, all food handlers are recommended to take the Level 2 course.

Training staff? We've got you covered...

  • Bulk discounts for 10+ courses
  • Free progress monitoring
  • Simple to manage
  • Multiple payment options
Find out more

Unsure of which level is right for you?

Let our Course Chooser help select the level which is most suitable for you.

Our course chooser

Looking for more information around food hygiene certificate renewal dates?

Check our guidance and explanation of food hygiene ceritificate renewals.

Find out more

Looking to establish a food safety system?

For food businesses looking for more information on food safety systems, we recommend taking one of our online HACCP training courses. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training provides a full understanding of food safety management to ensure that your business is effectively assessing, controlling, monitoring and reviewing food safety procedures.

Find out more

Frequently Asked Questions About Food Hygiene Training

What is a food hygiene certificate?

A food hygiene certificate is the award or achievement given when someone has completed a course in food hygiene and safety. The certificate can be shown to Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) to demonstrate an individual has the appropriate level of food hygiene knowledge to work safely in an environment where food is handled or sold to the public.

How do I get a food hygiene certificate?

To get a food hygiene certificate, purchase and complete the level of training you require for your job role and you will receive a professionally printed certificate in the post and be able to download a digital copy immediately upon course completion.

How long does a food hygiene certificate last?

Whilst there is no expiry date on any of our food hygiene courses, industry best practice is to renew your training every three years.

Do I have to take Level 1 training before taking the higher levels?

No, you do not need to have any prior knowledge of food hygiene before taking any level of our food hygiene courses. The levels are just an indicator of the depth of knowledge within each training course. You should take the training that is appropriate for your involvement in food preparation.

Are your courses accredited?

Yes, all of our courses are certified by CPD (Continuing Professional Development), approved by RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents), and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality. Our food hygiene courses are also approved by Environmental Health Officers.

Do I need a certificate to sell food from home?

If it’s on a small scale or ad-hoc basis, you do not legally require food hygiene training. If you have registered as a business however, you will require food hygiene training equivalent to your work activities.

Which food hygiene certificate do I need?

The food hygiene certificate you need will depend on the industry you work in and how much your job role involves you interacting with food. Use our Course Chooser to help find the right course for you.

Do I need a food hygiene certificate to sell tea and coffee?

Under Food Hygiene and Safety Law, tea, coffee and other drinks are classed as food items, and as such you will need to demonstrate that you have appropriate training to be able to store, serve and handle these food items safely.