Online Childhood Weight Management Training Course
This online Childhood Weight Management training course is designed to help parents and those who work
in childcare understand the importance of children having a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
The course demonstrates how you can manage and treat obesity amongst your children, talk to them about the issue and work
together as a family or team to achieve your weight management aims.
The course also provides lots of useful tips and ideas that you and your children can do at home in order to eat healthily,
stay active and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Developed by a qualified dietician
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Childhood Weight Management Course?
This course is suitable for parents, carers and anyone who works in childcare. The course provides information on a healthy
diet and active lifestyle that anyone with a responsibility for children should have knowledge of.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality graphics and a full audio voice over.
- Causes of Childhood Obesity – obesity risks, assessing a child’s BMI, family eating habits, talking to children about
obesity and parental attitude.
- Treating Childhood Obesity – younger and older children, food diaries, the Eat Well plate and food groups.
- Meal Ideas and Recipes – planning and preparing food, breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and drink ideas, portion distortion,
batch cooking, snacking and weight management recipes.
- Physical Activity – how much and what kind of activity? Why children are inactive, talking to children about activity,
fun activity ideas and tips for parents.
Aims of the Online Childhood Weight Management Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to explain why childhood obesity is a problem.
- Understand how childhood obesity can be managed and treated.
- Know more about different food groups and healthy portion sizes.
- Understand what constitutes a healthy diet for children and gain some ideas on what food to serve for each meal.
- Understand the importance of physical activity.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Diabetes Awareness training course has been designed to provide learners with all the knowledge they need to confidently support diabetics. They will gain an understanding of the different types of diabetes, the various forms of treatment, long-term and short-term risks, and diabetes' impact on day-to-day life.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »