Corporate Manslaughter Training
Sadly, deaths can sometimes occur in the workplace as a result of corporate behaviour, such as ignoring health and safety procedures. When this happens, it’s known as corporate manslaughter.
If you’re in charge of a company’s health and safety policies, it’s vital that you understand the importance of this role and how to protect your employees’ safety. This corporate manslaughter training course has been designed to outline your legal responsibilities, how to effectively train your staff, and the importance of complying with the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Corporate Manslaughter training course is designed for employers, directors, board members, managers, and anybody else who oversees a company’s health and safety policies.
It outlines the duties that each of these individuals has under health and safety law, and therefore it’s recommended that all the above take the course to ensure they are compliant.
This course can be taken alongside our Risk Assessment course to fully understand how to undertake risk assessments to prevent accidents and potentially fatal incidents occurring.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction - A detailed explanation of what corporate manslaughter is, the importance of compliance, and the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
- Your Responsibilities - Legal responsibilities of employers, employer duties, responsibilities of directors and board members, the investigation process, the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- Case Studies - a range of illustrative case studies to highlight the importance of compliance with health and safety policies.
- Complying with Health and Safety - Health and safety training, legislation, those who need health and safety training, and how to conduct a risk assessment.
Aims of the Course
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
- Be aware of employer duties and responsibilities under the law.
- Know the roles of the Coroner, HSE, police and CPS when investigating work-related deaths.
- Understand the necessity for appropriate workplace training and the repercussions of inadequate employee training.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material.You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.