Facilities Management Training
This online course has been designed to provide learners with a thorough introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a successful Facilities Manager.
Facilities Management covers a wide range of topics – from ensuring health and safety compliance though to improving sustainability and
managing space efficiency – and it’s important that you have an understanding of each. This course outlines the main responsibilities of a
Facilities Manager and provides learners with the information, tips and tricks required to carry out the role effectively.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This course is best suited for managers and supervisors who are new to the role of Facilities Manager or who have little technical background.
The course is also ideal for learners who wish to gain a better understanding of what facilities management involves, for those who wish to
re-enforce their existing knowledge and for people who simply want to explore what’s required by the role.
The course is written at an introductory level and so no pre-requisite knowledge or training is required.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day.
This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction to Facilities Management – what is facilities management? Locations that
require a facilities manager, consequences of poor management, person specification and main responsibilities.
- Services Management – legal responsibilities, facilities needs assessments, hard and soft services, schedules,
heating and lighting, water and toilet facilities, air conditioning and ventilation, accessibility, waste disposal and cleaning,
rest facilities and catering, workplace furniture, IT systems, general repairs and maintenance, site security and parking.
- Space Management – premises management, workplace layout, space efficiency, health and safety compliance, welfare
facilities, building leases, sourcing new premises and managing moves.
- Health and Safety – why compliance is important, relevant laws, risk assessment, fire safety, staff safety,
security and loss prevention, first aid facilities and ergonomics.
- Environmental Responsibilities – workplace responsibilities, sustainability, social responsibility, environmental management, going green, recycling, energy efficiency and educating workers.
- People Management – managing staff, day-to-day problems, managing your employer, managing contractors, negotiation skills and key contacts.
- Cost Management – reducing costs, reviewing costs, bookkeeping, budgeting, contingency planning and asset registers.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the responsibilities and duties of an effective Facilities Manager.
- Know what needs to be considered when managing the day-to-day services used by a business.
- Understand what is meant by space management and know how to ensure that the workplace is being used efficiently and safely.
- Know what should be considered in order for the workplace to comply with health and safety legislation.
- Understand the significance of environmental responsibility and sustainability and how these can be applied to the business.
- Understand how to manage and control people, including staff and contractors.
- Understand the importance of cost management, including budgeting, reducing costs and negotiating expenditure.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 25 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Office Safety training course provides the necessary training to ensure that all levels of workers can comply with health and safety legislation through the correct identification and assessment of hazards and practicing safe systems of work in the office environment.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »