Fire Risk Assessment Training
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
If you are the owner or employer of an office or shop, you are required by law to implement suitable fire safety measures. You must make sure your building is up to code before people visit it, or begin work in it. You should understand what duties you must fulfil to ensure your building meets suitable safety standards.
This fire risk assessment training course will familiarise you with fire safety law, how to carry out a fire risk assessment, and the fire safety systems, equipment, and procedures you must have in place. Understanding these is crucial to comply with legal requirements, to minimise the chance of a fire starting, and so people can evacuate your premises if necessary.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Fire Risk Assessment training course is designed for people who are responsible for implementing fire safety procedures and carrying out risk assessments in their office or shop. It contains comprehensive information about the various standards buildings must meet to minimise fire risks and provide sufficient evacuation routes.
Looking for more of an overview of fire safety procedures? Our Fire Safety awareness training might be the ideal course for you and/or your staff.
Need to train staff or yourself to be a fire warden? Take our Fire Warden Training course.
This online training course provides awareness education. Depending on your company risk assessment, further training may be required to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Fire Safety Law|| |
Why fire safety is important, fire safety law, and how the law is enforced.
|2||Risk Assessment|| |
What is a risk assessment, who is responsible for risk assessments, how to carry out risk assessments, the hierarchy of control, and daily and weekly assessments.
|3||Fire Prevention Measures|| |
Waste management, storage, layout and construction, equipment and machinery, smoking, building work and alterations, and training.
|4||Fire Detection and Suppression|| |
Detection and warning systems, sprinklers, fire blankets, and fire extinguishers.
|5||Evacuation Procedures|| |
Evacuation strategies, escape routes, fire doors, fire signs, and emergency lighting.
|6||Fire Plans and Drills|| |
Who may need additional fire safety measures, examples of additional safety measures, personal emergency evacuation plans, the fire plan, and fire drills.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what you are required to do under fire safety law to get your premises up to code.
- Know how to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Understand how fire starts and the different classes of fire.
- Be able to recognise where hazards may exist in your building and implement suitable measures to control them.
- Know what detection and suppression equipment you should implement.
- Understand what evacuation procedures you must have in place, including what standards your escape routes must meet.
- Be able to identify vulnerable people who may need additional fire safety measures and understand how to create personal emergency evacuation plans.
- Know what to include in your fire plan.
- Understand how to carry out effective fire drills.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 85%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.