Corporate Event Management Training Course
Being the host of a corporate event is no easy feat. It takes careful planning and preparation, as well as numerous other aspects that you, the event organiser, will be in charge of. With this online Corporate Event Management course, you will gain an understanding of how to successfully organise a corporate event that is an enjoyable, enriching experience for everyone involved.
The course is designed to familiarise you with every aspect of event management, from the moment the idea sprouts in your mind to the moment all your guests leave the event. With the techniques, strategies, tools, and knowledge that will be shared through the course, you will be fully prepared to plan an event with minimal strain and surprises; one which everyone involved leaves feeling satisfied and fulfilled.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 3-4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for anyone who is looking to enter the field of event management or for those who already have experience planning events and wish to hone their existing skills. It is suitable even for those without any former knowledge of event management; it covers all the fundamentals for organising a successful and memorable occasion.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 7 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Event Management – the event organiser, corporate events, the event brief, think SMART, and do your research.
- Planning and Preparation: The Location – types of venues, searching for a venue, what to consider, deciding on a venue, visiting the venue, and confirming the venue.
- Planning and Preparation: Suppliers/Services and Key Documents –suppliers and services, sourcing suppliers/services, key documents: itinerary, key documents: actions schedule, and key documents: finances spreadsheet.
- Health and Safety and Risk Assessments – who is responsible?, what is a risk assessment?, and what else should I consider?
- Marketing and Advertising – market research, marketing and advertising: social media, offline marketing, and what else should I bear in mind?
- Acquiring Sponsors – the benefits of sponsorship, searching for sponsors, sponsorship proposals, and building relationships with sponsors.
- At the Event – what do I need?, working on-site, after the event, and event evaluations.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- What is expected from you, the organiser, when managing events, and how to think SMART when doing so.
- How to effectively find the most suitable location and suppliers and services for your event.
- The key documents you will use during every stage of the event planning, which help you stay focused and organised, including the itinerary, finances spreadsheet, and actions schedule.
- The importance of managing health and safety throughout every stage of your event, in particular by carrying out risk assessments.
- How to effectively market and advertise your event so to reach as many people within your target audience as possible, in particular by using social media and offline marketing.
- The benefits of acquiring sponsors and how to effectively go about reaching them.
- What you should bear in mind once the event is under-way so to ensure its success.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course, designed by food industry experts, to help food handlers understand the best food safety practice in order to assist their food premises in achieving the highest level 5 rating under the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
Learn More »
This Data Protection training course aims to help learners understand what their responsibilities are under the UK's data protection law, including the GDPR. The course explains how to collect and process data legally, obtain consent where required and ensure data security.
Learn More »