Health and Wellbeing Training Course
Health and wellbeing in the workplace isn’t just about feeling content and maintaining a good work-life-balance, although these are certainly essential components.
Promoting health and wellbeing is also about improving confidence and job satisfaction, developing positive relationships, avoiding physical harm, and encouraging a healthy lifestyle. As a manager or supervisor, you have a duty of care towards your employees and should look to promote their health, safety and welfare on a daily basis. Not only will this enhance employees’ everyday lives, but it will also make workers more productive and motivated in their job roles. This Health and Wellbeing course will teach you everything you need to know in order to develop and implement an effective wellbeing strategy, no matter where you work.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 3-4 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Health and Wellbeing course is suitable for managers and supervisors in all types of businesses. The course applies equally to all workplaces, whether you work in an office environment, a public building or a retail premises, or outside on a construction site, in a vehicle or at a workshop. Health and wellbeing are relevant factors for everyone, so this course is suitable for anyone who wishes to learn more about how to implement an effective wellbeing strategy in their workplace.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into eight accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Health and Wellbeing – what is wellbeing? Duty of care, employee expectations, the Workwell model, your wellbeing strategy and evaluating success.
- Types of Ill-Health – stress, mental health problems, physical health problems and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Social Wellbeing – security, bullying, harassment and conflict, equality and diversity, emotional intelligence, maternity, flexible working and work-life balance.
- Mental Health – mental health and stigma, Time to Change, Mindful Employer, tips for promoting mental health, workplace culture, building resilience and the role of a manager.
- Career and Wellbeing – job satisfaction, incentives and rewards, taking leave, presenteeism, communication and listening skills.
- Health and Safety – health and safety culture, risk assessment, work shifts and hours, inactivity, workstation ergonomics and fitness to work.
- Physical Wellbeing – managing existing health conditions, fatigue, burnout, time management, individual capabilities, adjustments for pregnancy, maternity, disabilities, older and newer workers, and personal health and hygiene.
- Healthy Lifestyle – healthy eating, Change4Life, the Eatwell Guide, physical activity, smoking and drugs and alcohol.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what makes a successful wellbeing strategy and know what needs to be considered to promote and maintain health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Know more about the different types of physical and mental ill-health that the wellbeing strategy is aiming to prevent and support.
- Recognise how wellbeing can be enhanced by making changes to company policies, procedures and approaches towards a person's work life.
- Understand the importance of encouraging a healthy work-life balance amongst employees.
- Understand the business benefits of actively promoting health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to help learners understand more about autism so they can identify the condition amongst children, understand more about the diagnosis process and know what adaptations can be made to help an autistic child to manage their condition.
Learn More »
An online course designed to help employers, managers and supervisors understand more about mental health so that they can recognise and talk about mental health problems with employees, better support people in the workplace and promote a healthy and tolerant working environment.
Learn More »