Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate - For Catering
As a food handler it is essential that you are aware of the basic principles of food hygiene so you can ensure that the
food you prepare remains safe for the consumer to eat.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course has been
designed to help anyone who handles, prepares or serves food in the catering industry understand their legal responsibilities
so that they can comply with the law, understand the key aspects of food hygiene practice and know how to minimise food
- Matches RSPH and CIEH syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This e-learning course has been designed so that all food handlers in the catering
sector can satisfy their legal obligation to undertake training. The course is aimed
at food handlers working in catering or hospitality including hotels, restaurants,
cafes, bars, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, kitchens, hospitals, schools and
The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and
meets food industry regulations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking
and handling food in catering settings.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently
reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH
Download Course Overview
- Food Poisoning – Why food safety is important in the catering sector
- Bacteriology – Types of bacteria and factors that can affect its multiplication
- Prevention of Contamination – Controlling measures that can be put into place
to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Temperature Control – How to measure food temperatures and how temperature
control for certain food types will reduce the multiplication of bacteria
- Personal Hygiene – How food handlers must maintain high levels of personal
- Premises & Pest Control – The need to keep food premises maintained and
in good condition and the consequences for the food business if infestation occurs
- Cleaning & Disinfection – Methods to keep premises and equipment in good
- The Law – The legal obligations of food handlers
Aims of the Training
By the end of the course learners will:
- Be able to identify food hygiene hazards.
- Understand the best food handling practice.
- Know how to apply food safety controls to achieve high standards of food hygiene.
- Understand how to prevent cross contamination.
- Understand the principles of a food safety management system.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene.
- Be able to help keep the workplace clean and hygienic.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to
take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether
you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the
assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »