Online Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Course
This Corporate Social Responsibility training course aims to help learners understand how they can create a strategy that promotes environmental, societal and economic issues and how they can work in ways that are resourceful, ethical and sustainable.
Throughout the course, learners will develop an awareness of why Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability are important and how they can be incorporated into day-to-day business. The course features a range of real-life examples of companies with successful CSR policies and helps learners to understand why taking care of people, the environment and the economy are vital for the long-term growth of their business.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This CSR online course is for those with responsibility for developing their company's Corporate Social Responsibility policy, such as business ethics consultants, compliance managers and education compliance managers. The course is also suitable for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the importance of CSR and sustainability in the workplace.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- What is Corporate Social Responsibility? – What is corporate social responsibility? What is sustainability? Why is corporate social responsibility important? Benefits of corporate social responsibility, stakeholders, implementing CSR and sustainability and Marks and Spencer case study.
- CSR and the Law – ISO 26000, ISO 20121, ISO 14001, EU EMAS, environmental legislation, SA8000, the UN Global Compact, the UN Global Goals, the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant legislation.
- Improving CSR – Re-engineer the process, redesign the process, product or service, be transparent, work on a global scale, back the environment, support the local community, support your employees, support staff training and greenwashing.
- Creating a CSR Strategy – Commitment to sustainability, the mission statement, developing a CSR strategy, improving performance, measuring performance, encouraging employee commitment, reward systems and reporting.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand what corporate social responsibility (CSR) is.
- Understand why corporate social responsibility is important to businesses and stakeholders.
- Develop a knowledge of the benefits of incorporating corporate social responsibility into a business.
- Be aware of the consequences of running a company without taking into account corporate social responsibility.
- Understand the laws, guidance and regulations that are relevant to corporate social responsibility.
- Develop an understanding of what makes a good corporate social responsibility strategy and have the necessary knowledge to implement one.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »
This GDPR Training course aims to help businesses and services that handle personal data understand how to comply with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulations. The course highlights the changes brought about by the forthcoming GDPR that businesses must adhere to by May 2018.
Learn More »