Preparing for the Health, Safety and Environment Test Revision Guide
This Preparing for the Health, Safety and Environment Test Revision Guide has been designed to help explain the basic health, safety and environmental steps that all employers should take to protect their workers from harm. It is essential that everyone working in the construction industry, whether they are a manager, supervisor or employee, develops skills in identifying risks, improving health and safety and reducing the likelihood of work-related ill-health.
This course provides a complete overview of the health and safety topics covered in the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test. In taking this course, you will gain the necessary knowledge to give you the confidence to apply to take your CITB Health Safety and Environment test for operatives and specialists.
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 8-10 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Preparing for the Health, Safety and Environment Test Revision Guide has been written to aid those who are sitting the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test, an essential part of achieving a CSCS® (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card. The course is suitable for workers of all levels and in all industries; there are no prerequisites.
This course does not provide you with a CSCS® card. This course is a revision guide based on the topics needed to sit the CITB assessment. For more information please visit: www.cscs.uk.com
. ‘CSCS®’ is a registered trademark of Construction Skills Certification Scheme Limited in the United Kingdom. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into fourteen accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Legal Responsibilities – Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, risk assessment, safe systems of work, permit to work, accidents and emergency procedures, RIDDOR 2013, worker involvement and the HSE.
- Legal Responsibilities Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Health and Welfare – Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, work-related ill-health, drugs and alcohol, personal protective equipment, dust and fumes, noise and vibration, employer duties, hazardous substances and manual handling.
- Health and Welfare Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Safety Signs, Fire Safety and Electrical Safety – prohibition, mandatory, warning and emergency signs, the fire triangle, hot works, fire extinguishers, electrical hazards and voltage, safe methods of working, hand-held equipment, site transport and hand signals.
- Safety Signs, Fire Safety and Electrical Safety Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Working at Height and in Confined Spaces – working at height, fragile surfaces, voids and holes, preventing falls, harnesses, MEWP, tower scaffolds, ladders, excavations, gases and fumes and working in confined spaces.
- Working at Height and in Confined Spaces Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Environmental Awareness – sustainability, pollution, COSHH, refuelling, waste materials and nuisance.
- Environmental Awareness Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Demolition and Tunnelling – plumbing and gas works, demolition health hazards, demolition equipment, lifting equipment, hazardous substances, tunnelling, safe access and emergencies, electrical safety, atmosphere, pressure systems and tunnelling equipment.
- Demolition and Tunnelling Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
- Highway Works, Work at Height and HVACR – working safely on the highway, signing, lighting and guarding, traffic control systems, mobile plant, specialist work at height, roof work, preventing falling objects and fall arrest, lifts and elevators, HVACR health risks, HAPS, DUCT, RAAC, PFW and SAF.
- Highway works, Work at Height and HVACR Test – a series of multiple choice questions to help you revise for the CITB CSCS® card test.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge of the main health and safety regulations in the construction industry.
- Understand how to follow correct health and safety procedures.
- Have sufficient knowledge of health and safety topics to sit the CSCS® card test for operatives.
- Understand more about specialist health and safety topics to sit the CSCS® card test for specialists.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 30 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Risk Assessment course teaches candidates how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to your workplace. Developed by Chartered Members of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH) with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions, the result is an accessible interactive high quality training package.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of a DSE assessor in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of the risks posed by DSE, how to carry out a thorough DSE assessment, how to set up equipment ergonomically, and good posture.
Learn More »