Social Responsibility In Gambling Training
This Social Responsibility in Gambling course has been designed to develop your awareness about what social responsibility is in gambling. The course explains your role in socially responsible gambling, how to counsel customers to gamble safely, and what you should do if a customer approaches you in need of support.
The course covers all aspects of the topic, including the different types of gambling, the negative effects that a gambling addiction can have on the gambler and their loved ones, the indicative signs of a gambling problem, and how to effectively respond to a customer who has declared a gambling problem.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for staff of all levels who work in an environment where gambling is present. This includes those who work in bookmakers, casinos, arcades, bingo halls, shops, pubs and anywhere else where gambling machines or games exist, including the National Lottery and scratchcards. The Gambling Commission states that all workers need to be trained in order to react to any customer who either requests help or admits to a gambling problem.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end. These are:
Download Course Overview
- Introduction to Social Responsibility – The importance of social responsibility, types of gambling, why people gamble, The Gambling Act 2014, and authority inspections.
- The Effects of Gambling – The effects of gambling, the impact on families, gambling and young persons, betting and gambling laws regarding children, proof of age, recent developments, and advertising gambling.
- Conflicts and Disputes – Impending confrontation, when conflict may arise, confrontational situations, conflict resolution, if you suffer from the effects of conflict, reporting incidents, and dealing with disputes.
- Getting Help – Customer interaction, self-exclusion, interaction with customers’ relatives, and further resources.
- Money Laundering – Money laundering, checking banknotes, note sizing, checking £5 notes, checking £10 polymer notes, checking £10 paper notes, checking £20 notes, and checking £50 notes.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Have knowledge of the different types of gambling.
- Understand people’s motivations for gambling.
- Understand the regulations contained in the Gambling Act 2014.
- Learn more about the signs and information that should be on display in gambling premises.
- Understand the negative effects that gambling can have on a person’s life.
- Know how to deal with confrontational customer behaviour.
- Understand self-exclusion.
- Understand money laundering and how to check if banknotes are genuine.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
This Drug and Alcohol Awareness course has been designed to help those who manage people who may have problems with substance misuse. It raises awareness of drug and alcohol abuse, helps learners to spot the signs, and provides strategies and guidance for effective management.
Learn More »