Safeguarding Against Child Exploitation and Abuse: A Resource Pack for Schools
Exploitation and abuse are, unfortunately, extremely relevant issues for schools and educational settings today, with the children’s charity Barnardo’s reporting that one in six children experience sexual abuse before their 18th birthday, and the Children’s Commissioner stating that child criminal exploitation affects at least 46,000 children in England.
These shocking statistics highlight the importance of safeguarding – it is everyone’s responsibility, but those who work in schools and educational settings are particularly well-placed to identify and prevent exploitation and abuse.
As a leading provider of online safeguarding training, High Speed Training produces materials designed to help teachers safeguard effectively. Here, we’ve compiled all our resources together in a resource pack for schools, so you can have them to hand as and when you need them.
Safeguarding Resources for Schools
Our resource pack includes:
- A Guide to What Safeguarding is and Why It’s Important – this contains information about the consequences that abuse and exploitation can have.
- A Guide to Safeguarding Responsibilities in Schools – including the responsibilities of teachers, governors, and Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs), such as any training they have to undertake and laws they have to follow.
- Safeguarding Policy Template – a template that you can use to create your own safeguarding policy with ease.
- A Guide to the Signs of Abuse and Neglect – a detailed guide covering all the signs of abuse and neglect, from physical and emotional to sexual and criminal, as well as radicalisation and female genital mutilation (FGM).
- A Guide to Reporting Safeguarding Concerns – including a downloadable safeguarding flowchart that you can use in your school.
- Topical Ideas to Help Prevent Abuse and Exploitation – including ideas for teaching healthy relationships, dealing with dangerous online challenges, and contextual safeguarding.
- Quizzes and Example Scenarios – to help you check your practice is as effective as it should be.
You can download yours below.
We are a Finalist in the Teach Secondary Awards 2021!
We are delighted to reveal that we received placement as a finalist in the Teach Secondary Awards 2021 with our Safeguarding Against Child Exploitation and Abuse Resource Pack. Congratulations to everyone that made it onto the shortlist!
- Online Training Courses for Schools, Nurseries & Further Education
- Mental Health Resource Pack
- Safeguarding Policy Template for Schools